The beach!


Oh how I LOVE the beach! Today we are packing up and driving to the Oregon Coast to stay for a week. We all need it so badly. What is it about the beach? My husband and I were just talking about how refreshing and renewing it is. When I look back on my life, I can see that during some of my most joyous and sorrowful times I went to the beach.
When my husband and I were dating we spent time at the coast. On our honeymoon, we went to the coast. When I was newly pregnant with our first child together and they were unable to find a heart beat, and we were waiting 2 weeks to get rescanned.....I went to the beach. (By the way, that heartbeat was there after 2 weeks and he is 13 now.) God met me there! I remember clearly standing in the sand at night, looking up at the moon and feeling God with me, comforting me.
When I had cancer 2 years ago, had been through two surgeries and radiation, I went to the beach to regain strength before picking back up with my life.
And now, on the dawn of going to seminary. Beginning a new chapter of my life I am headed to the beach. I know God will meet me there. I will pray, take time away from daily life and let Him minister to my soul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment