Getting ready

Hello! Here I am, just a few days away from starting seminary. I can't help but wonder if there is any significance to the fact that I start seminary on the day of the eclipse. I'll have to think about that one. =)
I have been spending the past few days trying to get my house in order. Getting caught up on cleaning, organizing etc. Adding in school is going to require a bit of juggling on my part. I have a detailed schedule and I am trying to set up clear times for homeschool, seminary, house cleaning etc.
I am confident though that if I keep God at the center of everything, things will stay in balance.



I had a bit of a scare yesterday. Right now, I am in the process of having my 2 year cancer follow up. This can be a tough time. It consists of have blood drawn to check for things that will only be present if my cancer is back and an ultrasound of my neck to check for lymph nodes that would be enlarged if they cancer is back.
Well, I had a call from a nurse on a different issue yesterday and while I was on the phone with her I asked her if my cancer marker labs were back. She looked and told me some numbers that were just above zero. I asked if she was sure and she said yes.
Oh boy, I had a few hours of fear. Contemplating what it meant that it looked like cancer may be growing again in my body. I prayed and talked to God.

Then I put a call in to my endocrinologist to verify what this means. She called me back and told me yes the results were back and all looked good! I asked her to clarify and told her what the nurse had told me. Well, the nurse had misinterpreted the information. All of my markers were undetectable still! WOW! I was so happy. Relieved! Thankful! So, then it took me a bit to process this change in circumstances.
Now, I still have my ultrasound this next Wednesday to get through. I am a little nervous, but having visited the possibilities already, I know that with the Lord's help I can get through anything!

So that is it! A few days away from beginning seminary and getting myself organized!

0 comments:

Post a Comment